Sunday, April 1, 2012

Girls! How Sweet!


Here are some beautiful pictures of our girls!!    I am a proud mom of these four beautiful girls!     Just a little disclaimer - the reason you don't see pictures of our boys is because they are not interested in picture taking! They are at the age (Teenagers!) where they just don't care about it any more.    So we just turn the camera to our sweet girls!    They are always ready for the camera.   LOL....


Her teacher told us that we should always teach Bethany with real objects...  never plastic toys.   (But of course, we can't do that with things like elephant!   ha,ha....  we will figure that one out later...)   Here is her lesson on pineapple.    I try to expose her with lots of different things....  She is still very reluctant to try new things or touch new texture in general.   But since she is a good eater, it is so much easier to get her to try new food items.


Here we go again raising chickens!    Our chickens last time didn't survive their natural predators   :-(      We  invested in a  nice chicken coop this year (see picture).   We hope to see some eggs and may be a few baby chicks soon!   :-)

Bethany loves animals.    She loves the chicks.   We are thinking about may be getting a dog later.      I read that it is good to let Bethany get used to be around dogs now, so she will feel more comfortable to work with guide dog when she is older.     If I can have my way, I will also get a horse, a goat and may be one or two cows to make my dear husband's lawn mowing job easier.   Ha, Ha....

Pearl is riding her tricycle all by herself!   

Here is Faith working with Bethany on learning her letters.   I always wonder where this will take Faith -  Because of Pearl, she became interested in sign language.   She is taking a sign language class at school.      Now, because of Bethany, she became interested in Braille.   She actually already knew most of the Braille alphabets, and has a good idea of how it works.     Umm.... She will probably make a good Special Ed teacher. 


Three little monkeys jumping on the trampoline!    Luckily, no one fell off that time!   LOL....





Can't wait to go to the beach!   My sister rented a place by the beach for a week in June, and she kindly offered to give part of their week to our family.      My words can't express enough how grateful we feel.   Thank you!


Let's stop strangling each other!   You all are sisters!!!

Now, that's much better!    
These four girls came from different places and different background.      But God, by His sovereign grace, put them together and they are sisters now.    Isn't that a beautiful picture?

Bethany is doing quite well with these blocks now.     I've read that learning to play blocks is so important, because it  helps her to learn the concept of putting things together to make a new thing - a concept that blind children often miss out.  

Pearl finished this new 28-piece puzzle all by herself.    She loves to play with puzzles.

I got Bethany this hairband from Target.   She loves it, and kept showing it off and going around to tell us "I am very pretty".     She is very pretty, isn't she?

3 comments:

Enju said...

They are all very pretty.

I am so happy for you.
So happy to see your smile.

Unknown said...

Thank God for all those smiles!! :)
How's Ruth doing? Haven't heard much about her? :)

Debbie said...

I am enjoying reading your updates. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing with us. :-) I'll be praying for all of the surgeries & doctor appointments that you have coming up. Praying for good news & good results.