We saw this very nice 4-bedroom, 3-year-old house on the market last week. We were all very excited, because this is the one house that our whole family love and affordable to us. We were going to meet with our real estate agent the next day to write an offer, only to find out later that day that the house is no longer available - another offer was accepted. The disappointment is indescribable. It's been 13 months since we sold our house in Columbia, started searching for a new house in this area. We have looked at many houses, and haven't been able to find one. San and I don't argue very often, but this has been one topic which created many heated conversation between us. San is logical and practical - he is the kind of person would make a check list of things that we want on a house, and just go by the checklist when shopping for a house. I am totally different; I would walk in the house and see if it "feels like home". My feeling-driven way of shopping has really tested his patience.
We all can't wait to buy our own house and settle down. It has been difficult to cramp in this 2-bedroom townhouse, and house hunting processing has been much longer than we had expected. In the past 13 months, it is interesting that every time we were getting closer to make a deal, for one reason or the others, the deal fell through. It seems to signal us that "it is not time yet". From my devotion this morning, from Psalm 5:3 ".. In the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Once again, I was assured that things will work out fine, and I am waiting in great expectation of what God will do. It brought me so much joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment