After a fun and exciting summer, the kids are finally settled back to their regular school routine. By God's grace, we are having an encouraging start. Our regular school day usually starts with Ben, who is an early riser, usually gets up 30 minutes to an hour earlier than Sam and Faith. After his breakfast, we usually try to squeeze in as much lesson as we can - Spelling, Vocabulary, Language, Math, and sometimes even Geography and Reading, hoping Faith sleeps in longer. By 8:30am , all three kids are usually up, we then start our daily bible study. The kids then all split again, where Sam would go on with his own study, and I would take turn working with Faith and Ben. The boys' science lessons are all San's. It is a gift because all these science terms and vocabulary stumble me completely! In addition to their school work and weekly violin lessons, the kids are also starting choir, orchestra, swimming, and writing class this week. Everyday is full of action here, but it is a blessing to be able to see them engage in these activities, have fun, grow and learn.
There are days (quite often!) when Ben does not focus, Faith is clingy or Sam complaints, and I totally lost my temper and lash out at the kids. But I realized these are the time we really need to slow down, reflect and talk.
1 comment:
I really admire you and Raymond for homeschooling your kids. It takes so much patience, discipline and motivation. Your kids are so blessed.
Post a Comment