My brother Chang has been coming to our house every Monday night to teach the kids to play and write music. He has instilled and inspired in them the love of music composition. In order to show our appreciation, I encouraged the kids to write a poem as a gift to him. We put all of our ideas together, and this is what we've come up with:
Uncle's Day Poem
If I were the president of the United States, I would make today “Uncle's Day”.
There will be a mile-long parade, and I will tell them why my uncle is so great.
This is what I will say:
Thank you, Uncle, for all your great advice; with your help, we make music sounds so nice.
Thank you, Uncle, for all the time you spent; you encourage us when we think we can't.
Our mom's cooking finally taste just right, all because you come every Monday night.
Thanks for all the things you have done,
Of all the uncles in the world, you are definitely number one.
Starting from our Great Blues Fugue, we follow your musical cue.
We enjoy Chinese Porky Super Buffet, all the learning was pure fun and play.
Adventures with Porky into Dark Purple Journey – Darker... Purpler...... you lead the way.
Many times we almost bend our bows, but all you said to us was “Wow!”.
We wreck your songs, all the notes were wrong,
Thanks to your patience, we finally come back strong!
Summer, Fall, Spring or Snow, to us, you never seem too old.
We write our songs; you fix our songs,
we work together, we wish this will last forever.
Happy Uncle's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment