Friday, May 30, 2008

We Belong Together

Our second in-home visit went smoothly. We are now one step closer in the adoption process! I checked out a children's book titled "We Belong Together" from the library the other day. I didn't know what it was about, but the subtitle of the book caught my eyes - "A Book About Adoption and Families". Faith and I read it together this afternoon, and we love it so much. We read it again, and again - three times! We love the simple, yet beautiful poem. We love the beautiful message. We love the beautiful definition of family.

"We belong together because you needed a home, and we had one to share....,
We belong together because you needed someone to help you grow healthy and strong, and we had help to give......
We belong together because you needed someone to kiss your boo-boos, and we had kisses to give.....
We belong together because you needed a friend, and we knew where to find one.....
We belong together because you wanted to learn, and we had lots to teach you......
We belong together because you needed someone to read to you, and we had stories to share.....
We belong together because you needed someone to say "I love you", and we had love to give..... "

The author, Todd Parr, ended the book with a message: "There are lots of different ways to make a family. It just takes love. Share your home, and share your heart."

No comments: