Thursday, May 29, 2008

From the boys : How I feel about adopting

Tomorrow 5/29 will be our second in-home interview. San, Sam and I will be interviewed individually by the social worker. The boys are required to write a short paragraph on how they feel about adopting. Although we talk about adoption with the kids all the time, it is interesting to see exactly what's in their minds about adding a sister to our family. Here is what Ben wrote (unedited):

"I feel happy about the new baby. I don't want the baby to be blind with one eye. I will want to play games such as tent, pillows, and board games with her. I don't want to have a 4 year old baby (may be). I want a 1-3 year old baby. I want baby gates again. I think it's good to help a child in need. I will be prepared for babysitting. I think it would be nice to play special games with her. It will be nice to have a nonscreaming sister."

From Sam (unedited):

"I feel that adopting would be a good experience for the whole family. I like the idea of helping an orphan and making it part of our family. Although I prefer a healthy baby, a special need child is OK. I also will probably have to do much more chores to help my parents and babysit her. I always wanted to have a big family, and another sister makes it bigger!"

No comments: