A blind goose, who "ain't good for nothing. She can't even feed herself.... how can she fly!"
A homeless orphan boy, Fondo, who is "not much on learning." He failed all the tests they've been giving him. They called him slow. They said he is special needs case. But he loved the little blind goose unconditionally and had the most loving and gentle soul one has ever known. In Fondo's words, referring to the little blind goose, "She just needs a little help now."
A miracle. Many months passed, when the blind goose led a flock of geese back to the lake to look for Fondo and at the end, both flew away into the sky.
What a beautiful story of faith, hope and love. Do you believe in miracles?
I couldn't
sleep tonight. I have been thinking about/bothered by a comment a friend made
today. The comment itself was
not offensive or in anyway meaning to hurt at all. But I don't know why I took it hard. Bethany, Pearl and Ruthie, in comparison, really don't "measure up" to their peers in a lot of ways, as measured by the books and experts. Pearl has
trouble being understood because of her speech difficulty, and sometimes can go wild and acts like a little
loose monkey! (but super cute) Ruthie, at almost 2 and a half, can hardly talk. Bethany is way behind in every way, and will probably never catch up. And... we are constantly dealing with behavior and emotional issues.....
As I was thinking and feeling bad earlier tonight, God put one word in my heart - "healing" - something I've never given a deep thought about, a truth that has slipped out of my mind when I face difficulties. Adopting children with special needs and difficult backgrounds involves healing.... These children's growth schedule and milestones will probably never make the
chart; they grow on their own timing and pace. They will probably be limited in
different ways physically, emotionally, or intellectually, be constantly struggling with difficult behaviors and will probably never achieve as much as their peers in the world's standard.
But I think that's why God wants us to bring them home. Because He cares and loves them the same. Adoption, in a way, is a healing ministry. isn't it? In Fondo's words, "She just needs a little help now."
No comments:
Post a Comment