Sam is taking English 101 at Montgomery College this semester. One of his first writing assignments is to write a descriptive poem of any topic. I later found that this is what he wrote:
He is the North Star that guides me
The One who loves like a Father
He is the water of life,
That I will not thirst again
The Light that covers all darkness
He is the path that leads to life
The great I AM
He is the dealer in the game of fate
The aspirin when I have a headache
The parachute when I fall
My song in life
I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this. This lovely poem came from the heart of this 17-year-old boy and this boy turn it in as his homework assignment in a non-Christian college! It makes me smile. The result -- He received a 25 out of 25 in this assignment and his professor wrote on his paper "Strikingly Written!"
| Ben |
Pearl's speech has come along very well. She has been working hard on the B, P, O and H sounds. What comes natural to healthy kids is challenging for her. I can't even remember how our three older kids learn to talk - they just picked up.. somehow..... But for Pearl, she is taking on one letter sound at a time; sometimes spend a month on one sound, and still not perfecting it. She is a fighter, she is a learner. She tries and tries very very hard every time we practice. She is now able to speak in 3-5 word sentences. Her articulation is still not clear, so sometimes we have such hard time to understand her. But we are so proud of her progress.


Faith has been sitting in Pearl's speech therapy session every week, and she is really learning the speech techniques that were taught. If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she would tell you firm and clear, "a Speech Pathologist".
Our two daughters in China - We received both of their RAs on the 19th! Our agency told us if everything goes well, we will be traveling in December! I really hope so. All of us want to go to China again, so this will be our second once-in-a-life-time, super expensive family trip! :-) No more vacation in at least five years!
Here are some interesting facts about our two daughters:
Our 5-year-old Bethany - She likes to play with babies or other children outside the yard. She is determined and strong-willed! She likes to copy phrases that she hears. She can walk around the yard by herself. But she becomes scared in unfamiliar places. She can use a spoon to feed herself. She can speak clearly (I hope she speaks Mandarin). She will tell her foster parents which children annoy her. :-) She greets her family members when they return home each day. She can guess who is coming by their footsteps and voice. She asks, "is it beautiful?" when she is dressed in new clothes. She likes to imitate the older children going to school. She likes to ask other children to give her a pen and some paper to write with. ( Yes! my daughter, you, too, will go to school to learn to read and write very soon)
I can't wait to tell her that God loves her and she is beautiful just the way she is.


Ruth - our 1-year-old cutie - She likes to eat noodles, rices and vegetables. She takes 4 bottles of milk everyday. She likes to smile when she hears little sound. She can stand without assistance. She is curious but mild mannered. She likes to respond to people with a smile. She uses simple gestures such as shaking head for "no". She likes to play with other kids.

1 comment:
When will you leave for the trip? The whole family? Do you need someone to stay at your place while you are away? May be I can do that!! Please let me know if you need house-sitter ^0^
Can't wait to meet the girls! How exciting!!!
Post a Comment