Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pictures from end of June and July 4th weekend

It was a beautiful sunny day.   All of the sudden, dark clouds rolled in, and within a few minutes, rain started to pour down.   The boys ran to the chickens, and took all the chickens back into the coop, cover the coop with heavy plastic, ran back in, soaking wet.    I love how they take good care of the chickens, even when it means going out into pouring rain, and get themselves all wet.  

Pearl drools a lot.   It is quite unusual for girls her age to continue to drool so much.   I will check with her doctor tomorrow when we meet with him.   But in the mean time, I have fun shopping for bibs for her.   This one says "Perfect in Every Way". 



 I got this bib for Pearl for Father's day - "My heart belongs to Daddy"


On July 4th weekend,  our family and cousin Nick went for hiking at the Great Falls Billy Goat Trail.   This is the first time we take Pearl to this trail.   We were so eager to take her, because she loves the outdoor, and thought she would enjoy it as much as we do.   It was a beautiful day, and everything started out great.   Pearl was happy to be lifted up high on San's back. 





Yan took turn to carry Pearl on the back.  She is heavy!   Imagine carrying a 23lb load on your back for 3 miles skipping and climbing rocks!


The hike trail was probably too bumpy for her.    Pearl started to cry hysterically at about the half-way point - (probably because she was sleepy, tired, hot or just not comfortable... we are still not sure ).   With her crying and kicking on the back, it was so hard to balance.    San and Yan took turn to carry her.   I was so scared they were going to fall off the cliff or into the river!    Other hikers looked at us, probably think what crazy parents we were to take a toddler along!      Well, I agree!  we won't do that again until Pearl is older, for sure!     But I have to say, that was a fun and memorable adventure!







2 comments:

JL said...

it is great !!! Only seeing the picture I can imagine how hard that day you had. But as Betty said it is memorable for everyone of you..

Unknown said...

That's a lot of exercise! - Chi-Lai