Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pictures

It's been two weeks since Pearl's palate surgery. Although she is still in soft food diet, she is getting better everyday. She has finally learned to sleep without her bottle! In the past few days, we have been able to put her on her crib without much crying and struggles - she simply waved goodbye now! Yeah! I stored away all of her bottles, and I don't think we will use them again! It was tough to say goodbye to bottles! But you did it, Pearl!

Here, we are getting ready to go to "our beach".


Here, we are at "our beach" - Ta-Da! in our own backyard - beautiful weather, beach umbrella, beach towel, water, sand box, lots of beach toys and a beach house at the corner.



The girls were so excited and absolutely LOVED it! I pulled up a beach chair, found a shady spot under the umbrella, and enjoyed myself there too. We spend all day Saturday out there. Both Pui Pui and I (I think Mun Mun too, although she can't express her opinion yet) think this is our best beach vacation ever!

This is one reason I enjoy "little" kids much better -

Ben (our almost 12-year-old preteen) -
Came checked out our "beach".
Asked "you are going to swim here?".
Seemingly not too interested, and went back inside.
Sam (our teenager!) -
not interested at all, didn't even look or ask!
Daddy -
Kindly helped us set up our beach.
Went back inside.
Enjoyed watching his World Cup Soccer game!

But to our two sweet girls, this is like the best idea in the whole world!

Look at our pool - I think we have room for one more little girl, don't you agree?
















Here, we were wrapping up school, finishing grading, sorting and filing papers and doing report cards. Pui Pui helped out sorting and filing papers. Yin Yin helped tallying grades and calculating quarter and final grades.

Yan Yan..... was behind in Math and Chemistry, but finally finished off in time. He will be taking some classes from Montgomery College next school year, and is preparing to take the required math placement test. So he gets no break. Look at him! Do you think he likes math?  ha,ha....


Pearl's first time picking strawberries(on 6/8, before her palate surgery)! She was a little uptight when we first got there (very typical of her whenever she tries something new). We show her how to pick and eat strawberries, and before we know it,  we couldn't stop her from picking and eating.









Time to go home.    But Pearl was not ready yet!  She wanted to keep eating!  Ha,ha...








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I'll babysit for you!

Unknown said...

Go strawberries! - Chi-Lai