Saturday, March 20, 2010

Certificate of Citizenship Received!

We received Pearl's CoC (Certificate of Citizenship) in the mail this week!    She is officially an American citizen now.    I don't know why I get so emotional about this paper.    May be because this paper has come a long way........ It reminds me how my family first immigrated to the US in 1985, getting my own citizenship in 1992, and how my family came a long long way from a few suitcases and a little bit of cash to all the material blessings we have today.   It feels so good to be able to share a little of the rich blessings we received.  It feels so good to be able to share this American Dream that my family came for.    I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I do trust in the One who holds tomorrow and has brought her so far.  

To my precious Pearl - (borrowing the quote from Max Lucado's heartwarming story book "The Oak Inside the Acorn") Just be the little girl God wants you to be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Smiley Face*