Friday, February 26, 2010

Mun Mun is walking!

I am constantly amazed by how Pearl "fits right in" to our family. She has brought us so much joy in the past few weeks.   She can now walk independently for about 10-15 steps.  She smiles all the time. She no longer panic when I am out of her sight. She seems to understand "wait" and "no". She is very curious about everything, and started to get into things that she shouldn't! I can't imagine(and don't want to imagine) how it will be like when she can walk... that will be any story for any day. :-)

We will meet with the plastic surgeon next Wednesday(March 3).    Hopefully we will be able to get a concrete assessment of her cleft condition and a surgery plan.    It is hard to imagine how she will look like after her lip surgery.    We are just so in love with her smile the way she is now.  

I took her to the library for the first time today.    As soon as she walked into the children's area and saw all the toys and books, her eyes suddenly lit up.  She looked back and smile at me, as if she was saying "Wow!".   We walked closer to the toys.  She looked back at me again, as if she was asking if she can go play.   I smiled and told her "let's go play".      It is the same smiles that she has on her face every time she sees/tries/tastes something new.    It is the same smiles that speaks amazement and contentment.  

(Press the play button to see Mun Mun walk)




 

  

  

  

  

  
  




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW so cute. Is Pearl the one making the noises when she started to walk? and also, when pearl stands up and faith is on her knees, they are about the same height!

JL said...

that's great! I even can imagine how happy was Mum Mum when she saw the toys in children area in Library.

Unknown said...

So happy to see her walk!
Thank you for recording!!! - Chi-Lai

Paula said...

i LOVE the video of Pearl taking her first steps. it brings me back to when Sophie started walking. they just grow up so fast. thanks for sharing. more, please!