Monday, August 10, 2009

Pearl

We are still anxiously waiting for our RA to arrive. We are hoping to receive our RA before mid September, so we will not have to renew our immigration paper(which is another tedious process). As I looked back at my journal, I am amazed how God has brought us through my fear, doubt and uncertainty, to now waiting to hold our precious new daughter with such excitement and joy. In the 40+ years of my life, I have never done anything extraordinary, or stand up for any cause. I am a typical middle child, always ready to "go with the flow". Fear - fear of men, fear of failure, fear of judgment, fear of rejection, fear of trouble and fear of disapproval have been holding me back. As we were making decision to adopt, Romans 8:15 has been my backbone - "For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba Father!". I have had so much fear that we will not be able to handle the physical, financial, and emotional stress of caring for an orphan (let alone a special need child!). But God has been graciously patient with us, and slowly equipped us, impressed on us of children of special needs, and show us doors of alternatives.. which led to this wonderful blessings of adopting this beautiful special need child.
From the beginning when we first have the desire to adopt, we already knew we will name our new daughter Pearl - Matthew 13:45-46 "..the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Through His own sacrifices for us, God has opened our blinded eyes, and shown us the Pearl of greatest price in this world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I am a typical middle child, always ready to "go with the flow". Fear - fear of men, fear of failure, fear of judgment, fear of rejection, fear of trouble and fear of disapproval have been holding me back." - this is so me!

- Chi-Lai