It's been a long time since we updated the blog. We have been totally overwhelmed by the busy holiday schedule and our move. There has been many ups and downs with the move, repairs and remodeling. For the most part, I was totally stressed out. San has been a wonderful support - He's been taking in a lot of my stress(!) and steering me back to the right perspective every time. I am forever grateful for this wonderful husband.
Moving to this house has changed our life style and perspective - since the house is further out in the country, shopping and eating out is not as convenient anymore. We started to eat-out less and shop in bulk. Rain has a totally new meaning to us now - Since we use well-water here, we rejoice every time it rains, knowing that our well has been replenished. What we used to see as inconvenience, rain now truly is a blessing from God, and we learn to appreciate nature and his wonderful design so much more.
There are four bedrooms in the house. The two boys are sharing a room. Faith claimed her own princess room the first day we moved in - but she is still sleeping in our room most nights! San now has a much bigger office, with a wall of bookshelves housing all his favorite books. My favorite room is the first floor laundry/pantry room - something I've always wanted.
This house is not perfect in many ways. It requires a lot of work, repairs and updates, one thing after another. But every time we finished a project or repair, I feel like I am loving it a little more.
2 comments:
Congratulations on your new house!!!
Our house was built in 1976, so it's not much younger than yours. We have also been doing upgrades bit by bit, and have grown to love it more and more. I am sure you'll grow to love your house too! :)
Man
Hello Raymond,
Happy to hear that you almost settled with your new house. Your new house seems good & peaceful, really not ugly. It may be my dream house although it is little bit out of date in out look.
Jecky Lee
Post a Comment