Friday, October 25, 2013

October 2013



I painted Pearl's nails, and then she painted a picture of her nails!  How creative!
 :)

Pearl and Bethany and I went to a free circus show that is designed for children with vision and hearing impairment.   I was so surprised how Bethany listened to the audio description(through the headphone) so intently during the entire performance.  How is it like to just listen to clowns, acrobats, trapeze and jugglers performance?  How much she really understand?   I really don't know.   But we all had a great time.
At the end of the show, there was a "touch" session where kids got hands-on experience on the performance.    Here Pearl tried to spin the plate.

And Bethany did it too!

Bethany is not afraid of dogs anymore!  

I am always surprised by how much our kids copy what we do and say.   This scene looks exactly like how we do our story time every night.  Speaking of copying - many times I caught one of our kids scolded others harshly exactly like the way I did...... It is always very humbling... It is like my worst behavior on re-play.  They've taught me so much more than I can ever teach them. 



Design, measure, cut, nail, sand, paint and stain, San and I built this cubby shelf together on one Saturday.   Materials for the shelf cost about $50, but the memory we built together is priceless and will stay with us forever.   




No comments: