| One afternoon, Pearl announced, using the exact same words and tone I've always used, "Story time! who wants to sit on my laps?" Then there they were, read aloud their favorite Dora book together. |


Two pictures of Pearl, in 2013 and 2010 respectively, both taken right before her procedure, in her patient gown in the same hospital, the same pre-op waiting room, on the same bench. Look at how much she's grown!
![]() |
| Pearl turned 4 on January 18 |
| She looked different in this picture. Suddenly I realized, my little angel is becoming a lady. |
Bethany has been struggling at school, as she has not made much progress academically this past year. I recently met with Bethany's teachers to discuss her placement next year. During the meeting, her teachers suggested additional testing to be done concerning Bethany’s cognitive ability. They are recommending learning centers for Bethany next year. Learning Centers here are for children with multiple disabilities including intellectual disability. Bethany will still receive academic instructions, as well as Braille lessons there, but in a smaller class size setting, smaller teacher-student ratio and slower pace. We knew Bethany is struggling in learning for some time now, so this did not come as a surprise at all. We believe that the learning center is the best option for her next year, and we are at peace with this decision and continue learning to trust and following His lead.
| Watching cartoon together- the most precious moment I've seen. |
![]() |
| This little diva loves music. She often bangs on the piano and sings her alphabet song like giving a small performance. |
Here is our 14-year-old Ben playing the second movement of Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 12 at a competition last month. Couple of obvious glitches. His techniques is no where near perfect. He didn't win; But San and I are SO proud of him that I can't help to show it off! If you know a little bit about Ben, you would understand why.
Ben was a very difficult child. I actually went into a period of depression because of him. He used to throw a big temper tantrum every single day over little things like who turn on the light. Every time he threw a temper tantrum, he would keep stepping on his own feet, rubbing them until the skins peeled off and bled. When I told him to stop running, he turn around and ran faster. He cried through two years of pre-school. His kindergarten teacher called him "The King of the Jungle". He took violin and piano lessons, but had never really enjoyed them, and practice always ended up with fights and tears.
In 2008, my brother, who is a musician, had just moved back to this area from CA. He offered to give Ben piano lessons. Things started to turn around. Four years later, here he is, playing Mozart's piano concerto and all kinds of advanced repertoires. His music is so heart-felt. He truly loves to play. Everyday when I listen to him practice, I am still amazed. And... at 14, he is a very good boy.
I am sharing this because I want to testify that sometimes we don't realize how short sighted we are when we are facing difficulties. We often imagine the worst and began to lose heart and faith. I am still struggling with negative thoughts regarding Bethany. But Ben is a dear reminder of the truth - His plan is higher.



No comments:
Post a Comment