Today is a happy day. Today is the day our prayer is answered. We are so excited, not because of the extra money we received, but because of the fact that our God answered our prayers.
Since July of this year, we have been seriously praying about adopting from China again. On October 13, we submitted our application with AWAA. We had no money at the time. I prayed. I asked God to close all doors and take away our desires to adopt if this is not His will; but if it is, I asked God to provide the resource.
Over the last two months, I've been reading the book of John. I've read the book of John many times before, but I've never noticed how Jesus, in three different places, openly invited us (believers) to ask in His name. These verses jumped out at me like big posters:
John 14:14 "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."
John 16:23 "I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
These verses gave me assurance that God heard my prayers, and things will fall into places either way. In October, San received a great yearly review at work. We knew right then God has granted us our desire!
On Pearl's first speech therapy session, the therapist taught her two words in sign language - "more" and "open". She wanted Pearl to practice and master these two words in two weeks. In order to get Pearl to say "more" and "open", she told us to purposely give her less of what she wants, or give her something we knew she couldn't open. In doing that, Pearl will need to ask for "more", and ask for help to "open" things. So instead of giving her a full bowl of goldfish crackers, we give her just one. When she signs for "more", we give her another one. Within a few days, she mastered the "more" and "open" signs. According to the speech therapist, this practice is good for Pearl in many ways. Not only it will allow her to express herself with sign language and use these words(good for her), it will also help her to develop a sense of trust, dependency and bonding with us(which is very important for adoptive child).
San reminded me that this is just the way our relationship with God. Isn't it true? So here we are taking one step forward. Until our next payment is due, we will just keep praying for "more" and "open".
3 comments:
Cheers! Hopefully all prayers will be heard.
"LIKE"! - Chi-Lai
I've been thinking about you all. Praying for you.
Post a Comment