Friday, October 22, 2010

"Ma Ma"!

We started the application process with the county's Infants and Toddler Program.    We met with a social worker about 3 weeks ago, and was told that Pearl should have no problem qualified for the program.   She will be formally evaluated by two specialists next Wednesday.    If everything goes well, she will received weekly in-home speech therapy completely free of charge to us!   What a blessing!

In the mean time, Pearl has made significant progress on her speech!   She started to copy our sounds in the past few weeks.    We were all so excited about that.   Just a few days ago, when I was in the bathroom, I heard the sounds of  little hands banging on the door, followed by the call "Ma Ma, Ma Ma"!    She called me "Ma Ma"!      I couldn't believe my ears - I finally heard the call I was longing for - "Ma Ma".     How sweet was that!

           
Pearl with her new flipflops.  She loves to try on new shoes or dresses!   She is definitely a girly girl!




      San and I went to run some errands, leaving Pearl with her older siblings - The older kids were having so much fun and forgot to put her to nap, this is what we saw when we came back!




The girls tried on their new hair-ties from Aunt Jecky.    They love the cute hair-ties!



Pui Pui : "Look at me!!  I'm practicing violin and, ta-da, my straight bow, finally!"   





Pui Pui : "Look, I'm changing Pearl's diaper!!  I taught Sam too!! "



Pearl's new favorite "toy" is anything creamy - lipstick, lotion, sunscreen, sanitizer and toothpaste.    Whenever she can get her hands on any of these things, she enjoys putting them on her face!   Here is Pearl with lipsticks on her face!
    




lotion!! 


Toothpaste!







Pearl loves the outdoor and all kinds of animals.   She is never nervous to be around animals.  She would pet dogs bigger than her.   While the older kids would squeal over a tiny bug in our house, she would just pick it up with her bare hand and show it to me like her trophy!     
I was never inclined toward any pet in our house.   But this little girl is slowly changing my mind...



e
                                                               
                                                  
                                                             
                                                               
                                                          
                                                       
                                                     






4 comments:

Debbie said...

I am SO happy to hear that she said "ma ma". I know that is music to your ears. Pearl is so beautiful. I love seeing the photos of her. What a difference 9 months makes, right?
Good luck with the speech therapy. I think you'll like it. Ethan has had therapy for a few months and we've seen a huge difference. We are starting with a new therapist in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it (our other one had to resign for family reasons).

Anonymous said...

Haha! Pearl looks so funny :) Nice backround :) I just changed mine too :)))

Unknown said...

Wow...she can say "Ma Ma" already! How wonderful that is! I bet you must be very happy to hear that. I have been telling many of my friends about Pearl and your family (:
I can't wait to hear more what's the next word Pearl will say. I think the speech therapy will help her tremendously.

Unknown said...

Hurray!!! Sure that the speech therapy will be really helpful to. Good lunch with the application process. God will provide!

And Faith is like a "big" sister now (she can change Pearl's diaper too)~
Good job!

- Chi-Lai