Pui Pui finally did it! She finally learn to breath - at her last lesson!
Swimming has been very hard for her - she was afraid of water from the beginning. After one full year of group lesson last year, she was finally able to put her head into the water! (Yes, it took a year of lessons!) We put her in private lesson starting this past September, hoping she will be able to learn faster with a little more attention and pressure from private teacher. She has made an amazing progress since then - she is able to float, and got her stroke down..... until toward the last few weeks, she was struggling in breathing. Every week, I would encourage her to try harder - every week she said she couldn't do it. After each lesson, she would always look at me and asked me "Did you see me? I tried very hard....". But every week, she made no progress.
This past Monday was her last lesson before we leave for China. During the lesson, the teacher had her try and try. She did a little better each time. At the end of the lesson, she finally did it - she was able to breath and swim a short distance! We were both very excited. At the end of the lesson, she came up from the pool and said to me, "Mama, did you see me? I pray to God to help me - I have to do it - and I did it!"
I can't explain what a significant achievement this is for her! Swimming came quite easy for Yan Yan and Yin Yin. I put them in lessons, and can't even remember how they learn now. But Pui Pui is different. It was fear after fear, struggle after struggle. Every step was hard for her. I am so glad that not only she finally learn how to swim, she also, through this experience, recognized it was God who gave her courage and helped her swim! God is so gracious!
1 comment:
Hi Auntie Betty! It's Tori. It's so cool Faith can swim now!!! In the Summer, when the pool is open then AJ, Zack, and I could help her even more!
Post a Comment