Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School

It is hard to believe summer is almost over. We are planning to start school the week after Labor Day Holiday on September 2nd. I do have a lot of planning and catch up to do this coming week. Curriculum for all three kids are all set. This year, Yan will be taking English, Algebra II, Biology, World Geography and Chinese as a foreign language. He will be doing Biology with San - it will be quite interesting to see them do lab experiments together! I am also looking forward to his Chinese(Mandarin) lessons. We are using Rosetta Stone's home school edition as our main source. I will be giving supplements on grammar and hand writing. Although he does understand some Mandarin Chinese (learn from my parents), it is our wish that he will learn more to a point where he can comfortably and confidently engage into general conversation with native Chinese people. I pray that through this year's education, Yan will be one step closer to find his godly passion and purpose, and that he will be able to use his knowledge, skills, and talents to serve others. At 14, Yan is at a stage where he is growing and changing rapidly in his physical appearance and intellect. I pray that through all these changes and growth, he will remain humble, gentle and kind. I pray that God will grant him a strong desire to know and understand God, be free from the fear of man, and keep him and protect him from worldly desire and passion. I pray that the Holy Spirit will surround him, convict him, teach him and guide him to God's truth, so he will live a life that truly reflects who God is - the creator of heaven and earth, a holy, merciful, loving and gracious Father.

No comments: